Sharing new ideas, resources, knowledge and technology to keep abreast of new development in reference service field

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Google vs. Refdesk.com

Looking at the Google homepage you encounter a clean, crisp screen. Viewing Ref desk.com, it is anything but. Could they possibly fit any more information on the scroll-down webpage? We all love Google-admit it. It even spells for you. But refdesk? Is it too much of a good thing in one place? I would like to hear some opinions about this site. Read the mission statement. Take a look at how it is set up, what is included. I can't think of anything that was overlooked. I do know one thing. One can get lost in that site for days way, way, out in cyberspace, taking me to places I never intended to visit.

No comments:

CMRLS Regional Reference Center, Worcester Public Library, 3 Salem Sq, Worcester MA 01608